Friday, February 15, 2008

baby's growing

I had my first 'real' doctor's appointment today, although the last one seemed real enough to me with the first ultrasound done. I guess I did actually spend more time with the doctor this visit, was checked more, but I was too happy to notice last time- I saw and heard the baby's heartbeat, that's all that mattered.
Here's another ultrasound picture, although not as clear because it was abdominal (external). Things are coming along just as expected. The baby measured for 11 weeks and 5 days today and was giving a thumbs up from inside (almost literally- at least it looked like it!) I'm so excited !! I'm almost out of the clear and maybe those hints of nausea and fatigue will miraculously go away as they promise for the 2nd trimester! Then my belly will start sticking out and it'll seem even MORE real to me. Dan thinks it already it pouching out there some. Soon enough it will!

2 comments:

Christy said...

How Exciting!!! I think about you guys all the time! Tatum can't wait to meet her cousin!!!

Angela said...

Hi, Dan & Kim! I'm so happy for the two of you. Pregnancy is amazing! It's hard to believe what takes place during those 9 months.
The occasional nausea, sometimes constipation, sometimes being uncomfortable and the pain of labor is all worth it and you'll forget all about that when you see the face of your precious baby girl or boy after delivery. Thanks for sharing your journey and I look forward to future updates.
-Angela