Thursday, April 3, 2008

and the baby is a.....

Today was the day to find out....what's it going to be, boy or girl?! Well, start preparing for butterflies and flowers, pinks and purples...It's a girl!! I guess the Carrington trend of so long has been broken lately as this is now the 4th girl. Dan and I had a bet, me betting girl, him choosing boy. If it was to be a girl, he has to actually put away his laundry after it is done each weekend for 4 weeks. If it were to be a boy, I was going to have to wake up with Dan at 6:00 am on my days off for 2 weeks. Wheew!!!
More importantly from the ultrasound was the fact that all vital organs and growth development check out just fine. As the tech was getting all measurements and images, Dan asked for dual confirmation to make sure it really was 'put your laundry away for 4 weeks'! Yup, still a girl. Both of us are just so excited, the baby's healthy and everything looks normal, we would have been either way. It's been pretty cool- ever since about the middle of the 15th week, I've started to feel the baby moving. It started out as just a fluttering, almost muscle twitch-type feeling. Over these 3 weeks, its become progressively stronger to feeling like a distinct kick to now where I can feel it on the outside with my hand. It makes me smile every time, especially when I'm at work, serves as a reminder to just chill out and enjoy life for a minute when I feel so busy hustling all day. (This is a profile shot, the head on the right, big round belly on the left)

2 comments:

brittany said...

Congratulations on a girl! Have fun buying pinks and purples. I've been having a blast with it. ;)

Unknown said...

Congrats Dan and Kim! Grace is very beautiful! That hair! Wow! Hope we can come visit you soon! Take care and God Bless.
Uncle David, Aunt Laura, Ashley, Zach and Chase